The Economic Development Department worked with stakeholders to develop Economic Revitalization Strategies for the Corridor. The strategies were adopted by City Council in February 2008 and are the basis for the Highway 99 Sub-Area Plan.
The 2008 initiating strategies recognized the on-going role that Highway 99 Corridor plays in the growth of Lynnwood and provide an opportunity to shape its future by:
- Creating gathering places.
- Supporting Transit Oriented Development around the proposed Community Transit SWIFT locations
- Allowing a wide variety of businesses along the Corridor.
- Allowing housing along the Corridor.
- Supporting small businesses
- Improving the identity and image of the Corridor.
- Creating a physical plan to implement the above strategies.
The Highway 99 Plan, zoning regulations are design guidelines were adopted by Council on September 12, 2011.